LAHORE: Actor-cum-singer Ali Zafar on Wednesday asked for a court for an expeditious choice on his cyber criminal offense case versus singer Meesha Shafi and others purportedly for running a negative campaign against him on social media.
Zafar stated there was no likelihood that Ms Shafi would show up on trial. Therefore, he prompted the court to choose the instance without a hold-up and also make his life simple.
The star showed up prior to a judicial magistrate to beg his application testing the medical certificate previously sent by comic Ali Gul Pir, one of the suspects in the event, to obtain exception from personal appearance.
Magistrate Yousaf Abdul Raheem looked for personal look of Zafar to entertain the application submitted under area 476 of Cr.P.C.
The rock celebrity told the judge that he was traveling to Islamabad when his advise notified him concerning the court’s direction and he showed up within an hour.
The magistrate released a notification on the application challenging the clinical certificate of the accused.
On the other hand, suspects consisting of Syed Faizan Raza, Haseemuz Zaman, Ali Gul Pir, Iffat Omar as well as Leena Ghani participated in the hearing in the cyber crime instance versus them.
The magistrate permitted an application of Fareeha Ayub for one-time exception from individual look.
The magistrate also permitted an application by Mr Pir as well as cancelled his arrest warrants based on his normal appearance in the future.
The magistrate sought disagreements from the complainant’s advise in acquittal applications submitted by Ms Ghani and also Mr Pir.
He additionally disregarded applications for dispensation of personal appearance by Ms Shafi as well as Maham Javed.
Magistrate Rehman kept in mind that the lady suspects did not show up on trial even on a solitary day of hearing. He said the applications were not maintainable in their absence.
He adjourned listening to till Nov 8 and also sought appearance of Ms Shafi, Ms Javed and also Humna Raza through summons.
Reply looked for: The Lahore High Court on Wednesday sought a reply from the Punjab federal government on a habeas corpus petition against the detention of Hafiz Saad Rizvi, leader of the proscribed Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), in spite of an order to launch him.
Rizvi’s uncle Ameer Hussain filed the petition begging that the court carried Oct 1 allot the detention of the TLP leader and also routed the government to launch him if not required all the same. The petitioner with a counsel argued that the government instead of releasing Rizvi got his apprehension extended through a federal testimonial board. He said the act of the government was contempt of court as well as the detention of Rizvi was illegal.
During the hearing, Justice Tariq Saleem Sheikh asked a law officer if the government submitted an appeal versus the order of finishing the detention of Rizvi. The law officer addressed in negative.
The court guided the government to submit a written reply on Oct 8.
The detention of Rizvi had come after his organisation (TLP) presented sit-ins across the country demanding the government to get rid of the ambassador of France in the wake of blasphemous cartoons. The militants had turned violent and attacked the authorities employees.
A rural testimonial board had turned down an appeal of the government to expand the apprehension of Rizvi as it discovered mala fide and also contradiction in the federal government’s position on the TLP. Later on, the federal government detained Rizvi under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997, which the court had actually likewise set aside recently.