Security forces on Thursday saved five labourers that were part of a group of 16 abducted by terrorists in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Kurram area last month, the armed force’s media events wing stated in a statement.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that the 16 labourers were “abducted by unknown terrorists” on June 26 while they were operating at the website of a mobile phone tower in Kurram. 10 of them were released the next day while the body of one of them was likewise located, it added.
“To rescue the continuing to be 5 abducted labourers, security forces launched [a] collection of intelligence-based procedures (IBO) in very unwelcoming surface under severe weather. Terrorists were constantly tracked and gone after,” the statement said.
In one such IBO on Tuesday, 3 terrorists were eliminated and 2 Frontier Corps authorities– Captain Basit Ali and also Sepoy Hazrat Bilal– were martyred.
“With decision, security forces continued the quest of terrorists and on July 15, throughout another exchange of fire, efficiently saved five abducted labourers,” the ISPR claimed.
It additionally said that the operation was still continuous to collar or eliminate the remaining terrorists in the area.
“Security forces are continually endeavouring to guarantee the security and also wellness of our innocent private citizens that have actually been totally sustaining the security forces in battling the hazard of terrorism,” the ISPR claimed.
Previously today, officials had informed Dawn that a militant leader who had actually signed up with the supposed Islamic State (IS) group was involved in the kidnapping of the labourers. They said the kidnappers released video clip footage of the hostages in which they demanded ransom for their launch.
An elderly official handling the security situation in the location validated visibility of militant teams, consisting of IS, in main part of Kurram.
The central part of Kurram area, which adjoins Khyber as well as Orakzai tribal districts, was a refuge of different militant outfits.
Security forces had carried out several operations against militants and also the area was de-notified as a problem zone in 2011.